Monday, November 17, 2008

Grandma's Album

I know I said I would either finish my pinwheel spin quilt or my Jelly Stars quilt next, but I decided to do Grandma's Album. This pattern is an old Moda University pattern. I made the top probably 2 years ago. Most of the fabric is one line or another of American Jane, mostly Peas and Carrots, with a few Apple Pie and Building Blocks. The binding is from Recess. I can't remember what line the back is from, but I bought it on clearance a long time ago. The back has a cream background, but I like white as a background on most projects best, especially brighter colors. I think it looks so clean and fresh. Oh well, the cream is on the back, right? I've had everything but the binding for this quilt forever, but I just have never gotten around to actually quilting it. Not sure why! It will be fun to finally delete it from my side bar list of quilts in progress.

of course no quilt picture is complete if Jake does not jump in at the last minute.



Next on the list to finish will probably be Jelly Stars. Not for a few days though. I've decided I need to applique a flower in between each quilt I bind. I'm on number 13 of 20 now!

5 comments:

erica e said...

i love this. i wanted to make this pattern a few years ago too. maybe someday i will. anyhow i love all the fabrics you used in it and love how homey and grandma-ish it looks. :)

erica e said...

oh,and i'm with you on loving white backgrounds. i love the crisp, clean look it gives a quilt.

Nedra said...

I bought this pattern quite a few years ago too, and it's on my "to do" list. Your son looks so comfy resting on the quilt

Browndirtcottage said...

what a lovely blog you have....i'm glad for your visit and happy to see i'm on your favorite list......the little one snoozing on the floor is fabulous!!

Carol said...

I love your Grandma's Album quilt...it is soooooooooo happy! And Jake has given it his seal of approval...what more could you ask for. Love it!