Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pinwheel Spin

I'm trying to stay true to my goal of finishing all my quilt tops before I start more. Here is my pinwheel spin top. I took a class from Broadbent's to make this with my friend Anna back in April. This quilt was made using Quiltsmart, which I talked about in my last post. All the fabric is from Denyse Schmidt's fabric line Katie Jump Rope. Here is a closer picture. Sorry it's a little dark. The dots are also Quiltsmart.
Since this is an older line I had to piece the back because I couldn't easily find the fabric. This is how it turned out.
I still have one quilt to quilt and I need to finish binding Jelly Stars. It has the binding sewn on, but not sewn to the back. I will do one 30's flower and finish my Grandmother's Flower Garden block (notice I said block and not quilt!) before I finish Jelly Stars. I'm having some wrist pain though so it may be awhile.




5 comments:

Nedra said...

I am so impressed that you are sticking with your goal. Give yourself a big pat on the back. The quilt turned out lovely!

Nanette Merrill said...

The dots are so cute mixed in with the spinners. Really cute.

Nicole said...

I love this!! I think i will have to check out quilt smart! :)

Browndirtcottage said...

cute..cute.....i love these lil spinners!

Anna M. said...

I love how your pinwheel spin turned out, and I love the pieced back. Thanks for the motivation to get mine finished! =)