Sunday, September 14, 2008

Did I just do that?

Yesterday I had a family reunion in Spanish Fork. I had a baby shower in Pleasant Grove 2 hours after the reunion so I had time in between. One thing I miss about Utah County is the quilt shops. There are no good quilt shops here in middle Davis County (if someone wants to open on I promise I'll shop there!). I need to make quilts for my boys beds. They love to share a room and my 2 year old will soon be in a big boy bed. I went to Cornwagon in Springville but didn't find anything. It's hard to find cute little boy fabric! Then I went to American Quilting in Orem. They had the cutest little football quilt hanging up! I got two of the kits. They are not quite twin size so I'll have to add boarders. The one hanging up was boarderless. We aren't big football fans. To tell you the truth, we got caught in BYU football traffic twice yesterday and I was a little annoyed, but I thought the fabric was really cute and would be super cute on a little boy's bed.
Also, during the shop hop in the summer American Quilting had a darling appliqued quilt hanging up in the shop. It's out of 30's print. I love any 30's quilt and wanted to buy the pattern then, but they were out. They had the pattern yesterday and I bought it. Did I really do that? If you look at my list of quilts on the side you'll see that I don't really love applique, but I couldn't resist this pattern. It looks so old fashioned. So today I find myself cutting out flower pieces. All my 30s scraps that I have been saving for many other 30s projects just found a new use. I don't know if this quilt will be the size it says on the box, but if nothing else I'll make a wall hanging. I have to have these darling flowers! Each flower is running stitched in black floss. Hopefully this will go quicker than the Baltimore Album. I found myself a new Conference Project!

4 comments:

Anna M. said...

Sounds like a fun day quilt shopping! I, too, am a sucker for the 30's prints and the old-fashioned looking stuff. =)

erica e said...

i love that quilt pattern! i don't blame you for adding it to your to do list. show us the football stuff too. that sounds cute.

Nanette Merrill said...

We do have lots of good stores in Utah County and Salt Lake County for that matter. Its good you found a few things you liked. I love those old flower quilts with the black floss. It is so striking. This one will be really cute.

Unknown said...

What gorgeous quilts! I found your blog thru ya ya's- I had to look because I love sewing/quilting blogs. I live in UT county, and there are lots of good shops around here! Have you been to Material Girls shop in Sandy? I found the shop's blog and it looks wonderful. Keep up with the beautiful quilts!