Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hutch


I found this hutch a few weeks ago and a garage sale for $40. I feel like I got a steel. Since then I've been looking on KSL.com and have seen them for much more. I do have a delima though.....
We just ordered a new sofa and loveseat that are beige, these red ones are falling apart. We also have a beige wall. I'd like to paint the hutch. The wood is kind of an orangish color in real life and I need to add color to my family room. When I bought this I had planned on using the bottom half as a sofa table and painting it blue, like the color of the shutters. I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the top half. Use it as shelves somewhere. When I got it home though the table top is higher than the back of the couch. Although I still like the idea of a blue hutch, I think it would take from the main focal point of the room which is our fireplace. I'll post pictures of that soon... when I get around to posting the finished shutters. So my question to you is this: What color should I paint this hutch? Black, white or something I haven't thought of?

4 comments:

Sinta Renee said...

I love the idea of painting the hutch. I always have a hard time deciding color though... but I think the black would add an impact to any room and make a great statement.

erica e said...

that is a great looking hutch! great find! i always think to paint things white but since its your hutch and not mine... how about green? like a light springy green. or maybe the blue. can't really say since i haven't seen all the colors in your house. but you can't go wrong! have fun!

erica e said...

p.s. can we see the finsihed shutters?

Nanette Merrill said...

It is fabulous. I love it just like it is but painted blue would be lovely. Good for you!