Wednesday, May 6, 2009

In other crafty news.....

A few weeks ago my friend and I decided to cover canvas. She and I both moved into a new house at about the same time near the end of the summer. I was tired of my walls looking bare.

This lemon wreath is not permanant. I had another wreath there and put it on my front door. I need to find one I like for in here. Anyway, I had seen covered canvases at Target for $50-$90. Then I saw the blank canvases on sale at Ben Franklin for 50% off. I bought the biggest one they had. It looked a lot bigger until I put it on the wall.


I stapled the fabric on with a staple gun. I folded the corners like you would a bed sheet when you are making the bed. It turned out to be a really cheap way to cover a bigger blank space. I like the way it turned out, but I'm not sure if I will keep it there. I may end up hanging it in the dining room above the plates you can see in the back there. I wanted something with more color for the family room but couldn't find something I loved that had a big print. Now... what to put above the couch in the family room?






2 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

It is fun how simple but classic black and white is in decorating. I love that.

erica e said...

oh man! putting things on walls is so hard for me! not because of the holes. i don't worry about putting nail holes in the wall. i just can't decide on what looks good. i love this covered canvas idea though. fabric is the greatest isn't it?! there's so much you can do with it1