Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Blossoms!

Finished! I finally finished the quilt I've been making for Olivia's crib. Sorry the picture turned on it's side. I don't know how to set it the right way. Anyway, this pattern is called Blooms for Annabelle. I made it using Bubblegum Basics fabric.

The pattern calls for two charm packs, but I just cut my own since this fabric is not by Moda. I started appliqueing the first row by hand, got it done and decide machine would be just fine for the rest! I did press the seam allowance under and then do invisible thread to stitch around. The pattern also said to use bias tape for the vines but I chose to use ric rac instead. Saved time!
Here's a closeup. Sorry about the dark picture, it was raining when I took it. I do love the bright happy colors! Cute for a little girl's room.


5 comments:

erica e said...

oh, this is one of my absolute favorite patterns! i love it. great job and so perfect for your new little girlie.

Sherri said...

What a great quilt...and I agree--the fabrics are perfect for a little girl!

Nedra said...

Your pattern turned out very cute. I have been seeing a lot of Bubble Gum basics lately on blogs and they are so cheery!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

The quilt is just lovely. So so so cute.

Jantine said...

What a lovely quilt. I gather you had lots of fun sewing it and will have even more when your little girl is sleeping underneath!