Thursday, September 3, 2009

I'm still here! Having three little kids is busy! I haven't gotten a lot of quilting done lately. I've tried a few projects that haven't quite worked out..... I tried to make some baby shoes with pleats similar to the ones from the Michael Miller baby booty contest last year. I am having the hardest time. I have a pattern, but can't get the top to match the bottom in size once the pleats are in. I'll keep working at it and keep you posted. Let me know if you have any special secrets to do this that I'm missing out on. My last post inspired me to start another hexagon quilt. This time I'm making my shapes into diamonds. I figure one jelly roll will make 20 diamonds and that should be enough for a baby quilt for my granddaughter.... that I'm expecting in 20-30 years. I figure that's about when I'll get this project done. It's been fun to work on though. I like to work on projects when each block is different. I think I just like variety! I used hexagons with 1 inch sides.

Hopefully now that school has started and we are in some sort of routine I can post more often... and get a little more finished!

3 comments:

Jantine said...

You are so much like me ;-). I have three kids, they are a bit older than yours though, I am the kind of person needing every block to be different, especially when working on hand and I am making a diamond shaped hexagon quilt too. Though I am tempted lately to alter them back into big hexagons, but haven't decided yet.

Aunt Spicy said...

So impressed! I am just not sure I have enough skillz yet to tackle a hexagon quilt! Can't wait to see the finished quilt...even if it is in a few years!

Sherri said...

Oh, the hexagon diamonds are gorgeous in Mill House Inn...I'd like to have my next hexagon project be diamonds as well!