I can't believe I actually finished it. I have to admit when I first started I thought I may just be doing one flower just to frame. I finished it though. An entire hand appliqued quilt (machine pieced and quilted, of course). Here is the finished quilt. Sorry about the shadows. It's 6:15 right now and I couldn't find an unshaded place to take a picture and I was anxious! This quilt is now being washed, which I have to admit I was a bit nervous about. I hope I tucked in those points well. I tried to pay special attention to them as I was both appliqueing and as I was quilting it. I have this horrible fear it's going to fall apart, but I love the washed, wrinkled look. Keep your fingers crossed.
I really like the appliqued part. The scallops and the quilting..... not so much. I found myself making quite a few mistakes with the quilting and hope it's not as noticeable when it's washed. I haven't quilted a hand appliqued quilt before and I kept bumping up on the edges. I obviously need more practice with the scalloped border too. I do like the purple borders as well as the sashing. Thanks for the help Nanette! Also, the purple in the pictures looks a little on the gray side. It's not as grey as it looks.