Friday, August 8, 2008

Bow Ties and Yo-Yos


It's not often I finishe up two quilts in one day. This bow tie quilt I started about 3 years ago. I had seen this border on another quilt I liked so I decided to try it here. This was in my beginning quilting days and I had never done needle turn applique. Needless to say, the leaves are not great. Or even good. I ended up doing most of the leaves by machine. I quilted it several months ago. Today I found it and decided to finish up the binding. I am a little nervous about washing it though because the leaves I needle turned do not look too stable. Also, has anyone washed yo-yos in the washing machine? How did they hold up?

3 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Beautiful. I've never washed yo yos but I'm interested to see if anyone else has too. LOVE the halloween quilt. That fabric is so cute.

Kay said...

You are brave, lol. I've wanted to try applique but I haven't gotten the nerve worked up. I'm not sure about the yo yos but my guess would be not to machine wash and if you did make sure it's super gentle and then hang to dry. Just a guess though. Good luck!

Nanette Merrill said...

I've never washed a quilt with yo yos. It scares me. I'm not a great yo yo maker either, well not until the new fangled yo yo makers came around. But this bow tie quilt is darling. Love it.