Thursday, July 2, 2009

Flutterby

I know that in my last post I said that I was going to work on finishing projects before I started new ones. I should have added finishing projects or starting new ones out of stuff I already have. Yes, I started a new one. I had a jelly roll of Flutterby that I've had for a long time. I bought the jelly roll without having plans for it. At the time I bought it I also bought fabric for an outer border and binding. Well..... I was in the mood to make something out of it. So I started a new quilt. Another baby quilt. I am loving making baby quilts. They are quick. Sometimes I get tired of the fabric or block before I am finished and when I make baby quilts that just doesn't happen as quickly. The outer border has now become the backing. I am thinking I'm going to save the binding ( or use it as more backing if I run out) for another project. I think I'm going to bind in Moda's Essential Dots in brown. I'm loving the essential dots more and more lately.

I'm having to piece the back. Two yards was just not quite enough. I used some left over blocks in the back and now I'm doing some creative piecing to try to make it big enough. Again, some of the fabric that was planned for binding may show up here. In the picture I have the backing on top of the top so I can see what I need to do. You can see the top on the bottom and in the top right corner.

2 comments:

Nedra said...

Looks like a great project for a jelly roll.

Sherri said...

Great quilt! And yes, it's always okay to start a new project if you're using your stash (my philosophy anyway...or is it rationalization?)!!!