Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Powder Room

Yes, this usedto be a sewing blog. Now, I have a two year old who loves to push buttons on my sewing machine while I sew and is very interested in the iron. I am making a quilt for her new bed, but it's slow coming since I have to do it while she is sleeping. That time is getting shorter too. In the meantime, I'm redoing my powder room. Here is the before. Are you bored yet?


The paint is a putrid 80's color of some sort. This bluish splotch is me testing some oops paint I bought for $1. It wasn't this blue in real life. It was more of a dull, wet cement color so it didn't get to stay.


I painted the bottom white and I'm in the process of stenciling over the top in a light gray/blue called Cloud Nine from Kwal. It's slow going, but so far I love it.






Not quite sure what to do at the bottom though. It doesn't go all the way to the sides or bottom and the stencil doesn't bend very well.




Hopefully this bathroom won't make you want to die of boredom anymore. Ignore the ugly, putrid door. I ran out of white paint.

3 comments:

The Five that Jive said...

Wow, I love it!!! I would never have thought to do a stencil, you are so creative!

Barb said...

Going to be soooo amazing!

Maria said...

HI Elizabeth, That ceiling is going to be fantastic, although your arms must be killing you. Maybe you could do a solid border, that would be easy and give it a finished look.

Thanks for checking out my turquoise mirror!

Maria