Sunday, February 7, 2010

Helping Haiti


Quilter's Haven in Bountiful is having a project to help Haiti. They will provide the pattern and fabric to make pillowcase dresses to send. All you have to do is sew them and add the ribbon on top. I also added the ric rac on the bottom.



If you want to participate just go into Quilter's Haven and pick up a kit and sign it out. By the end of February take the finished dresses back into the store and they will send them to Haiti. It's easy and simple.



This is the one I made. It's a size 7. I could not get my six year old boy to try it on and model it for the camera though. I did hold it up to him and it's quite long, but he's the shortest kid in his class anyway so hopefully on an average size 7 year old girl it will work!



I'm always especially nervous when I make things for other people. The scene from The Sound of Music kept replaying in my mind. You know the one. Where Frau Schmidt and Maria are in the bedroom discussing clothing. Maria tells her when she decided to become a nun she gave all her clothes to the poor. Frau Schmidt asks about the dress she was wearing that day. Maria tells her the poor didn't want that one.



Hopefully little girls in Haiti will be excited to get new, clean dresses.

No comments: